Virtual Run Details:
The Special Virtual Run is an event dedicated to raising awareness and support for individuals with intellectual disabilities. Intellectual disability, also known as general learning disability and mental retardation, is a generalized neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significantly impaired intellectual and adaptive functioning. It is defined by an IQ under 70, in addition to deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors that affect everyday living.
The purpose of this virtual run is to shed light on the capabilities of individuals with intellectual disabilities and to promote inclusion and acceptance. Despite their challenges, people with intellectual disabilities possess a wide range of skills, talents, and gifts that should be celebrated and embraced.
The running period for the Special Virtual Run is anytime, giving participants the flexibility to choose a convenient time and location to complete their 5km run. Since this is a virtual run, you can run anywhere in the world, making it an inclusive event for everyone. There is no registration deadline or result submission deadline, giving participants the freedom to join whenever they wish.
10% of the proceeds from this event will be donated to a charity organization. By participating in this virtual run, you are not only promoting a healthy and active lifestyle but also making a positive impact on someone's life. So, what are you waiting for? Join the Special Virtual Run today and be a part of this movement .
- Running period: Anytime
- Registration deadline: None
- Distance: 5km (can combine multiple runs)
- Where: This is virtual run, you can run anywhere in the world
- Result submission deadline: None
How it works?
- Register at our website.
- Run, jog, walk, stroll anywhere & anytime at your own pace for a total of 5km or more and keep your records using any running app (i.e. Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Mapmyrun, etc.) or treadmill screen record.
- Send your running result to email@example.com.
- Receive your virtual run item/s within 3 weeks.