10 Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Running
1. Over 1 billion pairs of running shoes are sold world-wide each year.
2. 104.3 calories are burned every mile when running at a 10 minute/mile pace.
3. The fastest mile was run by Moroccan, Hitcham El Guerrouj in 3:43:13 in 1999. Interestingly enough, the second fastest record holder is the 2nd place winner of the same race.
4. The oldest person, Fauja Singh of India, to complete a marathon was born in 1911, making him 100 years old at the time. This marathoner didn’t even start racing until he was 89 years of age.
5. When we run, the human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet.
6. In order to burn off a big mac (540 kcal), a 140 pound female would have to run for 52 minutes at a 10 minutes/mile pace.
7. Running burns about 50% more calories than walking.
8. Three surprising animals that are faster than the human being are a domestic rabbit, a cat, and a kangaroo.
9. Three surprising animals that are slower than the human being are an elephant, a squirrel, and a domestic pig.
10. Regular running training is good for improving the long-term stability of bones. Researchers at the University of Michigan came to the conclusion that 12-20 minutes of running three times a week can increase bone mineral density.
#shikevirtualrun #virtualrun #5Krun #10Krun #runwithpurpose #justrun #malaysiarunner #virtualrunclub #malaysiavirtualrun