Virtual Run Details:
Malaysia has its own unique sub-species of tiger – the Malayan tiger, Panthera tigris jacksoni, named after renowned tiger conservationist Peter Jackson, in honour of his years of work for tigers.
Major threats to the tiger include habitat destruction, habitat fragmentation and poaching for fur and body parts, which have simultaneously greatly reduced tiger populations in the wild. Illegal trade is one of the biggest threats, having the greatest potential to do maximum harm in a short time. Tiger populations have been decimated in many parts of their former range due to illegal hunting for their skin, bones and other body parts.
In this virtual run, we want to emphasize the importance of saving our Malayan tigers. “Save Our Tiger, Save Our Pride”. Register to SHIKE Save Our Tiger virtual run today. Be kind to tigers and have faith that you can finish the run on time.
- Running period: Anytime
- Registration deadline: None
- Distance: 5km (can combine multiple runs)
- Where: This is virtual run, you can run anywhere in the world
- Result submission deadline: None
How it works?
1. Register at our website.
2. Run, jog, walk, stroll anywhere & anytime at your own pace for a total of 5km or more and keep your records using any running app (i.e. Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Mapmyrun, etc.) or treadmill screen record.
3. Send your running result to email@example.com.
4. Receive your virtual run items within 3 weeks.