- Running period: Anytime
- Registration deadline: None
- Distance: 5km (can combine multiple runs)
- Where: This is virtual run, you can run anywhere in the world
- Result submission deadline: None
Virtual Run Details:
Malaysia is the ninth largest shark producer and third largest importer in volume terms. Between 2000 & 2011, Malaysia recorded average shark fin exports of 238 tonnes, worth RM3.9 million. Today, 80% of Sabah’s shark population has been wiped out!
What can you do to stop this? You need to say no to shark fin soup and shark products, learn as much as you can about sharks and support shark ecotourism.
In this virtual run, we want to emphasize the importance of reducing demand for shark fins. “Say no to fins, save our sharks”. Register to SHIKE Say No to Fins virtual run today. Be kind to sharks and have faith that you can finish the run on time.
How it works?
- Register at our website.
- Run, jog, walk, stroll anywhere & anytime at your own pace for a total of 5km or more and keep your records using any running app (i.e. Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Mapmyrun, etc.) or treadmill screen record.
- Send your running result to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive your virtual run items within 3 weeks.